The Computer Science and Engineering Association (CSEA) is an integral part of the Computer Science and Engineering Department. Over the years, CSEA has encouraged the academic and scientific development of the department's student body through activities such as coding competitions, technical workshops and talks by eminent researchers. Annually, the CSEA hosts Code Maestros, Technical workshops, Linux Fest, FOSSMeet and job/internship talks.
Some of the past activities:
- CodeMaestros: Series of coding competitions to improve the coding skills of NITC Students.
- A special talk on Parallel Computing and Formal Methods by Professor Ganesh L Gopalakrishnan from the University of Utah.
- Talk on Diaspora(a free personal web server) by Mr. Praveen, NITC alumnus.
- Organised Google Developers Group Devfest. The first ever at Kozhikode.
- Placement Talk by fourth year CSE students for third year CSE students.
- Android Workshop in association with IT@NIRAVU to impart knowledge on basic app development on Jan 23,2015.
- Hands-on sessions in C++ for first year CSE students.
- A small scale Python workshop was conducted to help beginners in python.
- Talk on Big Data Analytics by Noufal Gosali,head of Big Data,TCS in March 2015.
- Celebration of Software Freedom Day on September 17, 2011 during which a workshop on GNU/Linux and shell scripting was conducted for the second year CS students.
- A small scale Drupal workshop was conducted to help the students learn new vistas of web development.
- Code Maestros - the annual and the most influential open coding event of NIT Calicut. It had two rounds and the finalists were given a workshop on Python for the final round conducted on Feb 11, 2012.
A Webinar on Higher Studies
by Karthik Raghunathan
, an alumnus of CSED NIT Calicut and Stanford University, presently working at Microsoft Corp., Redmond, USA, was organized for interested students on Feb 22, 2012.
- A WebEx lecture on "Cloud Computing" conducted on November 1st, 2010 by Supriya Kannery, Advisory Software Engineer, India Software Labs, IBM, Bangalore.
- A talk on "The future of Internet - How to live, love and win in a networked world" by Joseph Sirosh, Vice president of the e-commerce platform group (ECPG). for Amazon worldwide, who also leads Business Intelligence (BI), Transaction and Risk Management Services (TRMS) group at Amazon, was conducted on August 3, 2010.